Advanced Professional Positions
- 2002 – present, Full Professor (C4), Institute for Molecular Cell Biology, Research Centre for Molecular Imaging and Screening, Medical Faculty, Saarland University, Homburg/Saar, Germany
- 2000 – 2002 Tenured project leader, Signaling Department, Babraham Institute, Cambridge/UK, Prof. Dr. Sir M. Berridge
Professional Experience and Postdoctoral Training
- 1996 – 2000 Project leader, Signaling Department, Babraham Institute, Cambridge/UK, Prof. Dr. Sir M. Berridge
- 1995 – 1996 Assistant lecturer, Dept. Physiolog, Univ. Bern/Switzerland, Head of department: E. Niggli
- 1991 – 1995 Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept. Physiology, Univ. Bern/Switzerland, Supervisor: E. Niggli
- 1996 Habilitation (V.l. in Physiology, Medical Faculty and Science Faculty), University of Bern, Switzerland,
Mentor: E. Niggli
- 1991 PhD thesis (Biology/Cell Physiology), Dept. of Cell Physiology, Ruhr-University of Bochum, Bochum, Germany, Mentor: L. Pott,
- 1989 Diploma (Biology/Cell physiology), Dept. of Cell Physiology, Ruhr-University of Bochum, Bochum, Germany, Mentor: L. Pott
Honours, Awards, Scholarships and Other Qualifications
- 1998/1999 1999 GL Brown Prize of the Physiological Society, UK
- Tian Q, Kaestner L, Lipp P. Noise-free visualization of microscopic calcium signaling by pixel-wise fitting. Circ Res 111:17-27, 2012.
- Pahlavan S, Oberhofer M, SauerB, Ruppenthal S, Tian Q, Scholz A, Kaestner L, Lipp P. Gαq and Gα11 contribute to the maintenance of cellular electrophysiology and Ca2+ handling in ventricular cardiomyocytes. Cardiovasc Res 95:48-58, 2012.
- Tian Q, Pahlavan S, Oleinikow K, Jung J, Ruppenthal S, Scholz A, Schumann C, Kraegeloh A, Oberhofer M, Lipp P, Kaestner L. Functional and morphological preservation of adult ventricular myocytes in culture by sub-micromolar cytochalasin D supplement. J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:113–124, 2012.
- Jung CB, Moretti A, Schnitzler MMY, Iop L, Storch U, Bellin M, Dorn T, Ruppenthal S, Pfeiffer S, Goedel A, Dirschinger RJ, Seyfarth M, Lam JT, Sinnecker D, Gudermann T, Lipp P, Laugwitz KL. Dantrolene rescues arrhythmogenic RYR2 defect in a patient-specific stem cell model of catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia. EMBO Mol Med 4:180-191, 2012.
- Reil JC, Hohl M, Selejan S, Lipp P, Drautz F, Kazakow A, Münz BM, Müller P, Steendijk P, Reil GH, Allessie MA, Böhm M, Neuberger HR. Aldosterone promotes atrial fibrillation. Eur Heart J 33:2098-210, 2012.