Professional Experience and Postdoctoral Training
- 2012 – present, Junior Research Group Leader (Habilitand), Department of Chemistry, LMU Munich
- 2010 – 2012 Erwin-Schrödinger Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
Mentor: A. G. Myers
- 2007–2009 PhD thesis (Organic Chemistry), University of Vienna, Austria, Mentor: J. Mulzer
- 2002–2007 Studied Chemistry, University of Vienna, Austria; Diploma
Honours, Awards, Scholarships and Other Qualifications
- 2013 Emmy Noether Fellowship (DFG, German Research Foundation)
- 2013 EU Commission Fellow 63rd Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting
- 2013 Thieme Chemistry Journal Award
- 2012 Liebig-Stipendium (Fonds der Chemischen Industrie, FCI)
- 2011 Doc PhD Thesis Award (University of Vienna and City of Vienna)
- 2010 DSM Science and Technology Awardee (DSM Europe)
- 2010 Erwin Schrödinger Postdoctoral Fellowship FWF
- 2010 PhD Thesis Förderungspreis (GÖCH)
- 2009 Thieme Synfacts Poster Prize
- Magauer T, Smaltz DJ, Myers AG: Differentiated Glycosylation Strategies Provide an Expeditious Synthesis of Trioxacarcin A, DC-45-A1, and Derivatives with Novel Glycosylation Patterns. Nature Chemistry 5:886–893, 2013.
- Magauer T, Myers AG: Short and Efficient Synthetic Route to Methyl α-Trioxacarcinoside B and Anomerically Activated Derivatives. Org Lett 13:5584–5587, 2011.
- Magauer T, Martin HJ, Mulzer J: Ring Closing Metathesis and Photo–Fries Reaction for the Construction of the Ansamycin Antibiotic Kendomycin. Development of a Protecting Group Free Oxidative Endgame. Chem Eur J 16:507–519, 2010.
- Magauer T, Martin HJ, Mulzer J: Total Synthesis of the Antibiotic Kendomycin by Macrocyclization via Photo–Fries Rearrangement and Ring Closing Metathesis (RCM). Angew Chem Int Ed 48:6032–6036, 2009.
- Magauer T, Mulzer J, Tiefenbacher K: Total Synthesis of (+)–Echinopine A and B: Determination of Absolute Stereochemistry. Org Lett 11:5306–5309, 2009