Advanced Professional Positions
- 2016 – present Independent Junior Groupleader in Chemical Biology, Department of Pharmacy, LMU Munich Professional Experience and Postdoctoral Training
- 2013 – 2016 Postdoc in Chemical Biology, Department of Chemistry, LMU Munich
- 2009 – 2013 PhD (Organic Chemistry), Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, France
- 2004 – 2009 Bachelor of Science at University of Sydney, Australia and Gothenburg University, Sweden; Master of Science, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, France
Honours, Awards, Scholarships and Other Qualifications
- 2015 Merck Serono medicinal chemistry Innovation Cup winner
- 2013 CLARA Junior Mobility scholarship for Cancer Research
- 2009 – 2012 French Academic Research Council Stipend for Doctoral Studies
- 2007 Edna Maude Goulston Prize for Organic Chemistry
- 2006 Walter Burfitt Chemistry Scholarship
- 2002 – 2003 Medallist in 34th & 35th International Chemistry Olympiads (Groningen, Athens)
Professional Activities, Memberships
- 2016 – present Member of the German Society for Pharmacy (DPhG)
- 2015 – present Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- 2014 – present Member of the German Society for Chemistry (GDCh)
- Borowiak M, Nahaboo W, Reynders M, Nekolla K, Jalinot P, Hasserodt J, Rehberg M, Delattre M, Zahler S, Vollmar A, Trauner D, and Thorn-Seshold O*. Photoswitchable inhibitors of microtubule dynamics optically control mitosis and cell death. Cell 162, 403-411, 2015.
- Zenker J, White MD, Templin RM, Parton RG, Thorn-Seshold O, Bissiere S, Plachta N. A microtubule-organizing center directing intracellular transport in the early mouse embryo. Science 357, 925-928, 2017.
- Eguchi K, Taoufiq Z, Thorn-Seshold O, Trauner D, Hasegawa M, and Takahashi T. Wild-type monomeric α-synuclein can impair vesicle endocytosis and synaptic fidelity via tubulin polymerization at the calyx of Held. J Neurosci 0179-17, 2017.
- Thorn-Seshold O, Vargas-Sanchez M, McKeon S, Hasserodt J. A Robust, High-Sensitivity Stealth Probe for Peptidases. Chem Comm 48, 6253, 2012.
- Konkolewicz D, Thorn-Seshold O and Gray-Weale A. Models for randomly hyperbranched polymers: Theory and simulation. J Chem Phys 129, 5, 2008.