Advanced Professional Positions
- 2001 – present Full Professor (C3) for Neurophysiology, Saarland University, Institute for Physiology
Professional Experience and Postdoctoral Training
- 1997 – 2001 Junior-Group leader, MPI for Biophysical Chemistry, Dept. Neurobiology, Göttingen, Director: Prof. Dr. R. Jahn
- 1993 – 1997 Postdoctoral Fellow, Howard Hughes Medical Inst., Yale University, School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
- 1993 Dr. rer. nat., Biology, University of Tübingen, Doctoral thesis in Neurophysiology, MPI of Psychiatry, Martinsried, Mentor: H. D. Lux
- 1990 Diploma in Biology, University of Tübingen, Diploma thesis at the MPI of Psychiatry, Dept. of Neurobiology, Marinsried, Director: Prof. Dr. H.D. Lux
- 1983 – 1989 Studies of Biology at the University of Tübingen
Honours, Awards, Scholarships and Other Qualifications
- 2006 – present “Ombudsmann” of the Medical faculty
- 1994 Stipend of the Max-Planck-Society (Otto Hahn Medal)
Professional Activities, Memberships
- 2013 Member of the CRC894, TPA11, Homburg
- 2011 Member of the CRC894, TPA11, Homburg
- 2006 – present Chairman of the Graduate School GK1326 „Calcium Signaling and Cellular Nanodomains“
- 2006 – present Member of the Research committee at the Medical faculty (HOMFOR)
- 2002 – 2007 Member of the GK377, Homburg
- 2001 – 2011 Member of the CRC530, TPC10, Homburg
- 1997 – 2001 Member of the CRC406, TPB8, Göttingen
- Borisovska M, Schwarz YN, Dhara M, Yarzagaray A, Hugo S, Narzi D, Siu SWI, Kesavan J, Mohrmann R, Böckmann RA, Bruns D. Membrane-proximal tryptophans of synaptobrevinII stabilize priming of secretory vesicles. J Neurosci 32:15983-15997, 2012.
- Guzman RE, Schwarz IN, Rettig J, Bruns D. SNARE force synchronizes synaptic vesicle fusion and controls the kinetics of quantal synaptic transmission. J Neurosci 30:10272-10281, 2010.
- Kesavan J, Borisovska M, Bruns D. v-SNARE actions during Ca2+-triggered exocytosis. Cell 131:351-363, 2007.
Borisovska M, Zhao Y, Tsytsyura Y, Glyvuk N, Takamori S, Matti U, Rettig J, Südhof T, Bruns D. v-SNAREs control exocytosis from priming to fusion. EMBO J 24:2114-2126, 2005.
- Bruns D, Jahn R. Real-time measurement of transmitter release from single synaptic vesicles. Nature 377:62-65, 1995.