Advanced Professional Positions
- 2008 – present, Group Leader, LMU Munich, Walther Straub Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Head: Thomas Gudermann
Professional Experience and Postdoctoral Training
- 2000 – 2008 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Marburg, Institute for Pharmacology and Toxicology,
Head: Prof. Thomas Gudermann
- 1999 PhD in Biochemistry, Dept. of Biochemistry, Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus, Mentor: Prof. Mikhail Sholukh
- 1993 Diploma in Biology, Dept. of Biochemistry, Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus,
Mentor: Prof. Mikhail Sholukh
Honours, Awards, Scholarships and Other Qualifications
- 1999 – 2000 DAAD Research Fellow with Prof. Günter Schultz and Prof. Thomas Gudermann, Institute for Pharmacology, FU Berlin, Germany
- 1997 Research grant for Young investigators of the Belarus Foundation for fundamental research (M96-018)
- 1995 PhD fellowship of the Cabinet of Ministers of Belarus
- 1994 Award of the Belarus Ministry of Science and Education for the Best Student Research Work
- Chubanov V, Mederos y Schnitzler M, Meißner M, Schäfer S, Abstiens K, Hofmann T, Gudermann T. Natural and synthetic modulators of SK (Kca2) potassium channels inhibit magnesium-dependent activity of the kinase-coupled cation channel TRPM7. Br J Pharmacol 166:1357-76, 2012.
- Mederos y Schnitzler M, Waring J, Gudermann T, and Chubanov V. Evolutionary determinants of divergent calcium selectivity of TRPM channels. FASEB J 22:1540-1551, 2008.
- Kaske S, Krasteva G, Konig P, Kummer W, Hofmann T, Gudermann T, and Chubanov V. TRPM5, a taste-signaling transient receptor potential ion-channel, is a ubiquitous signaling component in chemosensory cells. BMC Neurosci 8:49, 2007.
- Chubanov V, Schlingmann KP, Waring J, Heinzinger J, Kaske S, Waldegger S, Mederos y Schnitzler M, and Gudermann T. Hypomagnesemia with secondary hypocalcemia due to a missense mutation in the putative pore-forming region of TRPM6. J Biol Chem 282:7656-7667, 2007.
- Chubanov V, Waldegger S, Mederos y Schnitzler M, Vitzthum H, Sassen MC, Seyberth HW, Konrad M, and Gudermann T. Disruption of TRPM6/TRPM7 complex formation by a mutation in the TRPM6 gene causes hypomagnesemia with secondary hypocalcemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101:2894-2899, 2004.