Advanced Professional Positions
- 2001 Full Professor, Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg, Institute of Physiology
- 1998 C2-Professor, Eberhard-Karls-University of Tübingen, Institute of Physiology
Professional Experience and Postdoctoral Training
- 1998 Sabbatical, Vollum Institute, OHSU, Portland, OR, USA
- 1996 – 1997 Research assistant, Eberhard-Karls-University of Tübingen, Institute of Physiology
- 1993 – 1996 Postdoctoral fellow, Eberhard-Karls-University of Tübingen, Section of Sensory Biophysics
- 1997 Habilitation, Venia legendi for Physiology, Eberhard-Karls-University of Tübingen
- 1992 MD at the University of Ulm, Medical School (Staatsexamen) and study of physics (Pre-diploma) University of Ulm
Honours, Awards, Scholarships and Other Qualifications
- 2010 Member of the Leopoldina
- 1998 Human Frontiers Science Program Organization grant, title 'Molecular and cellular basis for kinetics and modulation of SK channels in central neurons'
- 1992 Thesis award of the University of Ulm
Professional Activities, Memberships
- 2007 Coordinator of the SFB 746 'Functional specificity by coupling and modification of proteins' at the University of Freiburg
- 2007 Coordinator of Research Area A in the 'Centre of biological signalling studies (BIOSS)', cluster of the German initiative of exellence (EXC294)
- 2007 Member of the Program Commitee of the German Physiological Society
- 1999 Leadership of a Junior Research Group at the 'Interdisciplinary Center of Clinical Research (IZKF)', University of Tübingen
- Schmidt N, Kollewe A, Constantin CE, Henrich S, Ritzau-Jost A, Bildl W, Saalbach A, Hallermann S, Kulik A, Fakler B, Schulte U. Neuroplastin and basigin are essential auxiliary subunits of plasma membrane Ca2+-ATPases and key regulators of Ca2+ clearance. Neuron 96, 827-838, 2017.
- Constantin CE, Müller CS, Leitner M, Bildl W, Schulte U, Oliver D, Fakler B. Identification of Cav2-PKCß and Cav2-NOS1 complexes as entities for ultrafast electro-mechanical coupling. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 114, 5707-5712, 2017.
- Schwenk J, Perez-Garci E, Schneider A, Kollewe A, Gauthier-Kemper A, Fritzius T, Raveh A, Dinamarca MC, Hanuschkin A, Bildl W, Klingauf J, Gassmann M, Schulte U, Bettler B, Fakler B. Modular composition and dynamics of native GABAB receptors identified by high-resolution proteomics. Nat Neurosci 19, 233-242, 2016.
- Schwenk J, Baehrens D, Haupt A, Bildl W, Boudkkazi S, Roeper J, Fakler B, Schulte U. Regional diversity and developmental dynamics of the AMPA-receptor proteome in the mammalian brain. Neuron 84, 41-54, 2014.
- Boudkkazi S, Brechet A, Schwenk J, Fakler B. Cornichon2 dictates the time course of excitatory transmission at individual hippocampal synapses. Neuron 82, 848-858, 2014.