Advanced Professional Positions
- 2016 - present Co-Founder of Center for Molecular Signaling (PZMS), Medical Faculty, Saarland University, Homburg
- 2009 – present Dean of Research, Medical Faculty, Saarland University
- 2002 – present, Full Professor (C4), Institute for Molecular Cell Biology, Research Centre for Molecular Imaging and Screening, Medical Faculty, Saarland University, Homburg/Saar, Germany
- 2000 – 2002 Tenured project leader, Signaling Department, Babraham Institute, Cambridge/UK, Prof. Dr. Sir M. Berridge
Professional Experience and Postdoctoral Training
- 1996 – 2000 Project leader, Signaling Department, Babraham Institute, Cambridge/UK, Prof. Dr. Sir M. Berridge
- 1995 – 1996 Assistant lecturer, Dept. Physiolog, Univ. Bern/Switzerland, Head of department: E. Niggli
- 1991 – 1995 Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept. Physiology, Univ. Bern/Switzerland, Supervisor: E. Niggli
- 1996 Habilitation (V.l. in Physiology, Medical Faculty and Science Faculty), University of Bern, Switzerland,
Mentor: E. Niggli
- 1991 PhD thesis (Biology/Cell Physiology), Dept. of Cell Physiology, Ruhr-University of Bochum, Bochum, Germany, Mentor: L. Pott,
- 1989 Diploma (Biology/Cell physiology), Dept. of Cell Physiology, Ruhr-University of Bochum, Bochum, Germany, Mentor: L. Pott
Honours, Awards, Scholarships and Other Qualifications
- 1998/1999 1999 GL Brown Prize of the Physiological Society, UK
- Tian Q, Kaestner L, Schröder L, Guo J, Lipp P. An adaptation of astronomical image processing enables characterization and functional 3D mapping of individual sites of excitation-contraction coupling in rat cardiac muscle. eLife 2017, DOI: 10.7554/eLife.30425.
- Hui X, Sauer B. Kaestner L, Kruse K, Lipp P. PKCα diffusion and translocation are independent of an intact cytoskeleton. Sci Rep 7, 475, 2017.
- Chen Z, Xian W, Bellin M, Dorn T, Tian Q, Goedel A, Dreizehnter L, Schneider CM, Ward-van Oostwaard D, Ng JK, Hinkel R, Pane LS, Mummery CL, Lipp P, Moretti A, Laugwitz KL, Sinnecker D. Subtype-specific promoter-driven action potential imaging for precise disease modelling and drug testing in hiPSC-derived cardiomyocytes. Eur Heart J 38:292-301, 2017
- Bonny M, Hui X, Schweizer J, Kaestner L, Zeug A, Kruse K, Lipp P. C2-domain mediated nano-cluster formation increases calcium signaling efficiency. Sci Rep 6: 36028, 2016.
- Kaestner L, Kaiser E, Xian W, Müller A, Oberhofe M, Ruppenthal S, Sinnecker D, Tsutsui H, Miyawaki A, Moretti A, Lipp P. Genetically Encoded Voltage Indicators in Circulation Research. Int J Mol Sci 16: 21626–21642, 2015.
- Camacho Londoño JE, Hammer K, Schröder L, Camacho Londoño J, Reil JC, He T, Oberhofer M, Mannebach S, Mathar I, Philipp SE, Tabellion W, Schweda F, Dietrich A, Kaestner L, Laufs U, Birnbaumer L, Flockerzi V, Freichel M, Lipp, P. A background Ca2+ entry pathway mediated by TRPC1/TRPC4 is critical for development of pathological cardiac remodelling. Eur Heart J 36: 2257–2266, 2015.
- Dorn T, Goedel A, Lam JT, Haas J, Tian Q, Herrmann F, Bundschu K, Dobreva G, Schiemann M, Dirschinger R, Guo Y, Kühl SJ, Sinnecker D, Lipp P, Laugwitz KL, Kühl M, Moretti A. Direct nkx2-5 transcriptional repression of isl1 controls cardiomyocyte subtype identity. Stem Cells 33: 1113–1129, 2015.
- Hui X, Reither G, Kaestner L, Lipp P. Targeted Activation of Conventional and Novel Protein Kinases C through Differential Translocation Patterns. Mol Cell Biol 34: 2370–2381, 2014.
- Kaestner L, Scholz A, Tian Q, Ruppenthal S, Tabellion W, Wiesen K, Katus HA, Muller OJ, Kotlikoff MI, Lipp P. Genetically encoded Ca2+ indicators in cardiac myocytes. Circ Res 114: 1623–1639, 2014.
- Tian Q, Kaestner L, Lipp P. Noise-Free Visualization of Microscopic Calcium Signaling by Pixel-Wise Fitting. Circ Res 111: 17–27, 2012.